Thursday, March 30, 2017

Book Review: LEGACIES, by F. Paul Wilson


https://www.amazon.com/Legacies-Repairman-F-Paul-Wilson/dp/0812571991


F. Paul Wilson
LEGACIES (Repairman Jack #2)
Forge, 1998
381 pages
Suspense / Thriller

It was a long, long time ago when I first read F. Paul Wilson's THE TOMB. And while I have read more books by this author, I never revisited the Repairman Jack series. Recently, I bought them all. So, readers, be prepared for a string of Repairman Jack reviews.

LEGACIES was the second in the ever-popular series. It brought me right back into the melee as I remember it. Plenty going on. And Jack is as busy as ever!

What starts out as a simple job for Jack, blossoms (explodes?) into so much more. A heartless soul has broken into the Center for Children with AIDS and stolen all of the donated Christmas gifts meant for the sick kids. Hired to find out who was behind the theft, Jack is determined to track down the thief.

Alicia Clayton, for the most part, runs the Center. When she is introduced to Jack, she realizes he may be the best person to help her out of a tough situation. Her father has died. He left everything he had to her. The will is being contested by her half-brother, who was deprived of any inheritance.

Full of secrets, and a dark, dark, past, their father was on the brink of something big. Before his revelation was brought to light he'd perished in a plane crash. Now, two separate entities have an interest in digging up what the man had left behind. They will stop at nothing to discover what the late Mr. Clayton created. Even if it comes down to murder, or countless murders . . .

That is, until Jack enters the picture. At that point, all bets are off!

A truly exciting, fast, and nail-biting read. Wow, F. Paul Wilson can tell a tale. (While I may go back and re-read The Tomb), I felt very comfortable jumping back in some fifteen, twenty years later. It's like I never stopped. This was a great novel. And I am anxious to progress through the rest of the series!

Phillip Tomasso
Author of the Severed Empire Series,
and The Vaccination Trilogy


1 comment:

  1. Good review, but unfortunately I havent read this book yet, cause I work in university on my big project. I cant say some details now, but believe me, it will be something that u have never seen before! I am so busy that I even dont have time for other subjects including writing essay, thats how I started to use Eduzaurus that helps me so much in the hardest studying moments of my life.

    ReplyDelete