Saturday, November 19, 2016



Liv Morris
Kiki Press
Romance / Comedy

Chicago 3rd baseman Brady Luck was living the high life. He had endless money, parties and women until he met the wrong woman who put a curse on him, a curse only the right woman can break. Cali Jones is a Physician's Assistant who is a huge Chicago (and Brady Luck) fan. Two chance encounters lead to an agreement neither one of them saw coming!

Let me start this off by saying I am a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan. I’m still riding the wave of their amazing season and jumped when I saw that Brady Luck was loosely based on Chicago Cubs 3rd baseman Kris Bryant. I have to admit my first impression of Brady Luck was not a favorable one. Arrogant, self-centered and honestly kind of a jerk he was not super likeable. The heroine Cali however is the complete opposite. Down to earth, hardworking and just plain nice she seemed like someone I would hang out with which is a huge plus in my book as it is easier for me to get into a story where the heroine is relatable. As the story moved on you started to see the two characters circle each other and eventually come together through a series of events that at times seemed a little farfetched (kind of like the Cubs winning the World Series until now!) but were fun.

As the book went on we started to see the characters develop and discovered a side of both of them that took me by surprise and added depth to the story. As the saying goes “You can’t judge a book by its cover” (side note- no complaints about this book’s cover) and if found that definitely applied to Brady Luck. HARD LUCK was an easy, quick, lighthearted read that overall was enjoyable. The end seemed rushed but still finished the story nicely. Overall I give it a 3 ½ stars and am looking forward to the next book in the Luck Brothers series!

Eliza Wise is a Travel Planner, and mother of 4 school age kids who started reading as an escape from reality and is now an active member of the Indie Romance Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment